*Please note: this is a private, invitation-only roundtable. If you would like to express interest in this event, please email SERA Organiser Phillip at [email protected]*
SERA, in partnership with the National Union of Students and the Greener Jobs Alliance
Speakers to include:
- Chi Onwurah MP - Shadow Industrial Strategy Minister
- Barry Gardiner MP - Shadow Secretary of State for International Trade and Minister for International Climate Change
- Paul Nowak - Deputy General Secretary of the TUC
- Ian Hodson - National President of the Bakers, Food & Allied Workers Union
- Joy Carter - Vice Chancellor of the University of Winchester
- Emma Pinchbeck - Executive Director, RenewableUK
Labour’s 2017 election manifesto reaffirmed its pledge to provide cradle-to-grave education. This ambitious approach fits well with the major shifts with the UK’s transition to a green economy. As the low-carbon transition accelerates, we need to ensure we have the skills and jobs so no one is left behind. How do we make the green economy work for everyone? And how do we ensure sustainability is taught at the heart of education and skills development, and our future generations can shape and lead the green economy?
Labour, working with unions, schools, colleges, universities and businesses, can support the green economy working for the many not the few.
- September 25, 2018 at 3:00pm – 4:15pm